Sunday, August 03, 2008

Monthly Swap

I have a swap due in a week (actually two swaps since I signed up for both swap groups) and I have no idea what I'm going to do. If last month's swap is any indication, I won't know what I'm doing until two hours before the actual swap at the LSS. But I'd rather not put myself through that mad rush again. The theme this month is summer. I might use some of my summer stamps by The Cat's Pajamas or the July release by CC Designs...

This is the card I did for last month's swap. The theme was red, white and blue. I had cut the cards and layers the night before the swap, throwing in the silver cardstock because I was planning on doing something with fireworks. But the next day when I started working on them again, I decided I didn't like the way the fireworks looked, so I had to come up with something else fast. So I dug out the Statue of Liberty stamp and thought it could work, but what to do about the silver? Aha! A few silver brads and my trusty Stampin Up star punch to the rescue! (Yes, two of the punched stars ARE the SU brushed silver cardstock, though it doesn't really look like it in the photo.) I like the way it turned out, but I don't want to have to cut it that close to be hit with inspiration again this month!
I just found out that some of the new Cuttlebug dies and folders have already been released -- right on schedule! If I had known they were going to come out when they were supposed to come out this time, I would have preordered a month ago! Must. Have. Them. ALL!
Supplies:
Stamps: Lady Liberty (Inkadinkado); sentiment (Stampin Up, from Land That I Love set, retired)
Cardstock: Stampin Up Brushed Silver, Whisper White, Real Red and Night of Navy
Ink: SU Night of Navy
Accessories: silver brads; SU star punch; SU 1 1/4" square punch; paper piercer; SU dimensionals; SU grosgrain ribbon (retired)

No comments: