Saturday, August 23, 2008

Butterfly Box


Here is the butterfly box I mentioned winning as a door prize at stamp club a couple of weeks ago (there was a Target gift card inside --woohoo!) I still don't think the photos do it justice, but you can see the oh-so-pretty turquoise glittery butterfly and the beautiful embossed stamping on the box. (Click on the photos for larger views.) It was made by my friend Judi, who is always creating gorgeous items for us to ooh and ahh over. She can also do marvelous things with clay. And then there's the beautiful jewelry she makes... Yes, we'd all like to be Judi when (if?) we grow up! :)

I have discovered that the CTMH order I've been waiting on was actually given to my 8-year-old on Monday at school (the girl I order from is a teacher at his school) and he doesn't know where it is. He only vaguely remembers something being on his desk one day, but no one told him what it was so he didn't really give it much thought. This is very, very bad. It's a $72 order, and I fear it has since been accidentally taken by someone else or -- worse yet -- tossed out! Hopefully they can find it in his classroom on Monday, because it's definitely NOT in this house. One of the stamp sets was the adorable July Stamp of the Month Life's A Jungle set, so I can't even order that one again -- if it's gone, it's GONE.
And speaking of MIA packages -- my PaperTrey order was shipped by USPS on Tuesday. It's now Saturday, and the post office has yet to bring it to my door. Stamp deprivation is NOT a pretty thing, people!
I've got three birthday cards to make this weekend, so hopefully I'll have some of those to show next time. One will have to be a Bella card, since she's definitely a Bella kind of girl. I'm thinking maybe the new Eastern Blooms set by Stampin Up for my MIL's card. And my sister-in-law loves turtles like I do, so I'll have to see what I can do there. I finally cleaned off my stamp table the other night, so at least I have a place to work on them. Now I just need to find the time!

No comments: