Saturday, September 06, 2008

Everyone knows it's windy

So I finally got my tropical weather last night when Hanna went up the coast and brought lots of rain and a nice breeze. If I hadn't had to go to work in it (and then drive back home in it), it would have been the perfect night for stamping!

Ever since the news came out that Stampin Up would sell the Big Shot and a nice collection of Sizzix dies, at least once a day I see a post on SCS or a group list with someone asking if the dies will work in the Cuttlebug. And inevitably someone will give some bad info. I have a Cuttlebug (and still haven't splurged on the Big Shot, mainly because I have no place to put one here in the closet) and already own a couple of the Sizzix Bigz dies, including the scallop circle (which is offered by SU). This die DOES work in my Cuttlebug. See? I punched several of the them the other night with the Bug, using two 'B' plates. I'm waiting on an SU Top Note Bigz die that's on backorder and would expect that it will work as well, though since it has score lines it might be slightly different and may need a different 'sandwich' to make it work. (And after having seen too much bad info online regarding the regular Bigz dies, I really don't trust anything I read now and will just wait to try it out for myself!)

And speaking of dies, I bought my first set of Nestabilities! They just came today so I'm looking forward to trying them out this week. I ordered the complete rectangles set for a GREAT price from Cut At Home. You need to sign up for their VIP coupon at the web site and then once a month they will e-mail you a coupon for 40 percent off, which you can use on the Nesties. And they shipped right away. Great service! I'll be back with my September coupon as soon as I can decide which set to order next!

I need to whip up some Halloween swaps within the next few days since they are due on the 15th. But even more pressing -- birthday cards for my two 12-year-old nephews. Their party is tomorrow -- yikes!

No comments: