Sunday, May 31, 2009

Rainy Day Brayered Roses


I made my first attempt at the brayered roses technique on the mother's day card I made for my mother-in-law a few weeks ago. I snapped a quick photo of it outside as we were leaving to go have dinner with her, and unfortunately it was overcast and you just can't really see the great colors in the roses. But the technique was pretty much foolproof and the results were fabulous! I really hope Stampin Up releases more embossing folders in the upcoming new catalog (which will be revealed to demos this week!!) Though I don't know how they could top this one -- I love it!
I took a beginner Copics class last week to learn some of the basics of using these markers. I have quite a collection already, but I wasn't using them to their full potential. I've been experimenting with blending and shading since the class, so maybe I'll be happy enough with one of the "experiments" to post here soon. And next time I'll be sure to use better lighting! ha!
Supplies:
Stamps: Paper Trey (mother), Stampin Up (rose on envelope from Fifth Avenue Floral set)
Ink: Summer Sun, Regal Rose, Cameo Coral
Paper: Shimmery White, Cameo Coral
Accessories: Brayer, oval punch, scallop oval punch, dimensionals

No comments: